***Unfortunately, due to a high number of requests last month (which I am so so grateful for!), I am currently putting a hold on taking in new clients until June 23rd. I appreciate your patience! Save your spot at www.loveatfirsttravel.as.me so we can for sure chat when I am ready to give you my full attention!***
Are You Looking for an Edmonton Travel Agent?
We work with couples all across Canada but we are based in Edmonton. If you are in Edmonton and want to chat, we would love to meet you for coffee and your favorite local coffee shop. Are in one of the many other wonderful Canadian cities? Even though we are Edmonton based, we would love to chat via email, a phone call, or even skype!
If you don’t already have my Destination Wedding Planning Guide, Take a Second To Download it Here:
First – let me address the elephant in the room. It is 2017 and you can just DIY your plans online.
So why would you even bother using any travel agent?
Yes, you can do all the research yourself and maybe you will love it and maybe you will hate it. That being said, One of the main advantages to using a travel agent is that they can save you hours and hours of time researching locations and venues. Even if you love the research part of it, a travel agent can will ensure you don’t miss out on any promotions. We are talking about a once in a lifetime trip here! For Destination Wedding Couples – Your travel agent will also organize payment schedules with all your guests because you don’t want to have to have a money conversation with your guests (do you?). A travel agent shouldn’t cost you any extra money as travel agents get paid from the resort or tour operator you choose for your wedding.
Why Work With Me
The very first bride I ever worked with asked me a bunch of questions, one of them being “how long have you been doing this for?” I responded, about three weeks but I have a great network that I can ask questions and blah blah blah. Boring. And you know why she ended up working with me anyway? Because she didn’t really care about the answer. She cared about the fact that I took the time to get to know her and what she wanted in her wedding. Make sure you are working with someone who wants to get to know you and you feel comfortable with. Over the 15 months I spent planning my own destination wedding, I emailed back and forth with my travel agent 168 times. MAKE SURE IT IS SOMEONE YOU LIKE AND TRUST.
Who am I? My name is Kara Duncan and I am an Edmonton Based Travel Consultant. I have always loved travelling and decided to turn my growing passion into a career that I am obsessed with. I am a Certified Destination Wedding and Honeymoon Specialist but I do book all sorts of travel.
A FEW EXTRAS THAT MAKE WORKING WITH ME SPECIAL
- PERSONALIZED SERVICE. When you work with me you will get free expert advice from someone who has been where you are going (or knows someone who has) instead of reading 1000’s of TripAdvisor Reviews from each resort and then wondering if the complaints are legitimate or if they were a crazy person. I respond to emails quickly and I take time to get to know your likes and dislikes so I can really recommend trips and itineraries you will love.
- EXPERT ADVICE ON ENHANCING YOUR TRIP (while respecting your budget). I know that weddings are expensive. If possible, I will never suggest anything that is even $100 over budget. There are a lot of different ways you can enhance your trip without going over budget and that’s why I work with my honeymoon and destination wedding couples so closely. If I suggest increasing your budget, I will educate you on the reason why. I know you don’t want to be “upsold” or “ripped off” while you are planning one of the most important trips of your life. I have no desire to do that either. Lifelong happy customers work better for me.
- INSIDER TIPS FOR YOUR DESTINATION. Like I said, if I haven’t been there myself, I know someone who has. When you work with me, I will send you with a few insider tips to make the most of your destination. I know you and your fiance are going to want to try out a different destination every time you travel so you’ll want to make the most of the destination you are in and these insider tips can help you do that.
- NO SERVICE FEES . I help with your travel plans at no additional cost to you. The flight or hotel you end up booking just pays the booking fee to me instead of paying it to an online agency like Expedia.
- PAYMENT PLANS. Weddings come with a lot of expenses, but if you have a certain property you want and don’t want to leave it to the luck of last minute, many couples I work with choose to book their vacation on a payment plan. You can often reserve your spot for as little as $250/person depending on the destination!
- I VALUE EDUCATION. If you check out my website, you’ll see how many links there are for certificates that I have earned. The travel industry is constantly changing and that keeps the pressure on me to make sure that I am always learning. You can trust that I know what I am talking about and if I don’t have an answer for you right away, I will make sure to get it for you.
- DESTINATION WEDDING WEBSITE. In order to direct your guests to all of the booking information in a way that is designed to get your guests excited about their upcoming trip, I provide a free wedding website to every destination couple. You can send the link to your wedding website to your guests on a paper invitation or through a save the date email I will design for you (also complimentary). Check out a sample at www.loveatfirsttravel.com/sample
- I AM A MILLENNIAL. Why is this an advantage? Because I get it. I get that you might research absolutely everything anyway. You want something different, and you want it to be both affordable and wow-worthy. There is nothing I love more than working with couples who are exactly like me. Because even if I suggest a phone conversation or even meeting up to grab a coffee, you might just want to do the whole thing by email – That is OKAY too – I got you!
CERTIFIED DESTINATION WEDDING, HONEYMOON AND ROMANCE TRAVEL SPECIALIST.
This goes hand in hand with the value I place on education. I am certified by the DWHSA (Destination Weddings and Honeymoons Specialist Association).
PS: The link above takes you to my contact page! For more ways to get in touch, head to the bottom of the page
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT CONTACTING ME BECAUSE
I would feel bad asking my friends and family to spend that much money on my wedding.
What if Nobody Comes?
I just don’t know where to start! It seems like there is so much and I just end up getting overwhelmed and stressed or I end up looking at beach weddings on Pinterest for three hours
My fiancé is not on board with the idea…
I DON’T WANT TO WASTE SOMEONE’S TIME IF I AM NOT COMPLETELY SURE WHAT I WANT.
I totally get that. Don’t forget, I am former destination wedding bride myself. I have literally said all those things out loud during the planning process. This is your wedding day. You don’t want to leave anything up to chance and you don’t want any regrets.
So you end up spending hours and hours on the internet, not really sure what you are supposed to be looking up, and getting frustrated by the lack of good honest content online. I can be a little research obsessed (can’t we all?) so I was confident that when I finally committed to a destination wedding I knew everything there was to know about having one.
Let me tell you LOUD AND CLEAR: you don’t know what you don’t know.
Ladies (and gents)! How are you supposed to know if a Destination Wedding is right for you without talking to an expert? Why are you forcing yourself to try and figure this out on your own?
Which brings me back to my earlier point
I DON’T WANT TO WASTE SOMEONE’S TIME IF I AM NOT COMPLETELY SURE WHAT I WANT.
Let me be completely 100 with you.
I love email. I love that I can email at any time of day and from anywhere in the world. If we end up working together, most if not all of our communication will be over email.
That being said, to save time, this first consultation should really be over the phone. There is just WAY TOO MUCH information to cover over an email. Even if I could draft the perfect email with every detail you should be aware of, there are way too many factors that are unique to you that need to be considered.
In this phone call, it allows me to really get to know you (and your fiance if he is on the call too!) and what you want (or what you are considering) out of your wedding. This level of clarity would take weeks to get through casual emailing (you ask me a question, I ask you a question, you get the picture).
Here is a sneak peek of what you can expect in a one hour phone call with me:
- IS A DESTINATION WEDDING EVEN RIGHT FOR YOU?
- WHICH LOCATIONS SHOULD YOU CONSIDER?
- WHAT TIME OF YEAR SHOULD YOU GET MARRIED?
- HOW MUCH NOTICE SHOULD YOU GIVE YOUR GUESTS?
- HOW DO YOU SET A REALISTIC BUDGET?
This isn’t an itinerary, these are just the main topics that tend to come up. Every single person I talk to has different questions because every wedding couple I work with is unique. That alone is a beautiful thing.
If you have any of the above questions, please stop wasting your time! Get the answers you don’t even realize you want. If you are stuck in “indecisive” mode let me help you!
A Consultation is Perfect for You If:
- You can’t decide between a destination wedding or local wedding
- You’re considering a Destination Wedding as a way to cut your guest count and/or SAVE money
- You know you want a destination wedding but aren’t sure where and/or when
- You want more information about the Destination Wedding planning process
How to get in Touch:
OPTION 1 – Schedule a Consultation (My Favorite Option but No Pressure)
OPTION 2 – Contact me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or my contact form
OPTION 3 – If the moment is right for us to chat yet, sign up for my emails and wait for inspiration. You get my free guide if you don’t already have it as an added bonus