I love my job so much that I am writing this on a Sunday morning, smack dab in the middle of a long weekend. For those of you who follow me on instagram (@loveatfirst.travel) I posted about how I woke up to an email from a client this morning that said “I know it’s a long weekend and I’m sorry to bug you but…” I was so happy that I was able to help her with her concerns regardless of being outside “office hours”.
I am so lucky because I am able to make a career out of something I absolutely love. I am lucky because not only do I know without a doubt that this is what I want, I can actually make it happen! Even though it is 2017! Even though ten years ago it looked like that whole industry was going extinct!
I completely understand that some people have been told over and over again that it is less expensive and easier to just DIY your travel plans, and the internet has definitely made it possible to do just that. Just like the internet introduced me to pinterest and I started to believe I could do literally everything myself. The weird thing is though, every DIY project I tried ending up costing me more money in the long run, there were always details I missed, and I wasted hours and hours of my time. My husband and I were just talking about this the other day, there are some things I am just going to trust the experts for from now on!
Which brings me to the point of my blog post this morning. Why Even Bother Using a Travel Agent?
- Exclusive Promotions. Everyday I wake up to a flood of emails from different airlines, resorts, cruise lines who have a new promotion going on that is only available through a travel agent.
- Options. It is hard to believe, but there are some resorts/hotels/cruise lines that don’t allow third party bookings. It is helpful to work with someone who knows all your options so you can truly find the best fit for you. I mean, surely the “all south” destinations tab isn’t showing you every single island. What if you want something different?
- Professional Guidance. I educate clients on making sure they can reach their dream destination while keeping in mind their budget. I prioritize continuing education, which is why you can see a certificate on almost every tab on this site. I also value other travel agent’s expertise and have built a wide network of friends and colleagues so if by chance I haven’t been where you are going personally, I will know someone who has which will help me provide personalized recommendations.
- Save time. You don’t need to look into all the details and keep everything organized to make sure nothing is missed. No more hours and hours researching.
- Unbiased Information. I don’t work for a specific company, I own my own business which means my main concern is always my client, no other hidden interests.
- Trust. My business is largely based on referrals and repeat business so you can be assured that I will do everything in my power to make sure that you have the best vacation possible.
- Personal Advocate. Unfortunately, sometimes things do go wrong. It helps to have someone advocate on your behalf so you can relax and enjoy your vacation while I solve the problems.
I could go on and on but there are my top 7 reasons <3 I am so passionate about this industry so if you have any questions at all, let me know in the contact form.