I am so glad that we made it to the end! YAY! Now we are talking about Finalizing Destination Wedding Plans! For those of you popping on now – this is the FIFTH and FINAL post of my 5 part series alllll about Destination Wedding Timelines! To catch up, here are quick links to what we have talked about already:
And nowwww Part 5: You Leave in 60 Days so Let’s Do This!
If you are not working with a wedding planner (ie. you are dealing ONLY with the resort coordinator), it is completely possible that you are only really planning your wedding now. I know it can be frustrating, but often times resorts just don’t start planning your wedding until 2-3 months before.
What you need to confirm depends on a million things (what you have/want) of course but here is a sample of the things I check with my couples:
- When final payments are due and when you are going to pay them (ie. create envelopes for tips and plan to give them to your wedding coordinator, take out cash/provide credit card info for your photographer)
- Confirm Your Insurance Policy. Do NOT skip this!
- Double Check the Day of Timeline – Where and when are you having the ceremony and reception? When are you meeting with the on site coordinator? When are you delivering any decor you might be bringing from home?
- What is your back up plan in case it rains? Special Shout out to Sandos Caracol that will let you get married outside even if it rains!!!
- Finalize your music selection – are you bringing down a CD or USB with the songs? Will the resort be putting it together for you?
- Confirm decor choices: table linens, table cloths, centrepieces, aisle runner, chair markers, place cards, seating chart, etc
- Confirm what you need to BRING: cake topper, cake knife, special champagne flutes, selfie station sign, bridal party gifts?, jewellery, veil/shoes, favours, welcome bags etc
- Finalize Menu & Schedule a Menu Tasting, if provided
- Finalize Flowers – both selection and where you want them included. Note: Some resorts will not let you use fake petals as they are not environmentally friendly so please confirm with them if this is something you are considering.
- Finalize Guest Count (and everything that goes with that: seating chart, favours, welcome bags, etc
You Look Beautiful.
Please, please do no pressure yourself to cram into an extreme last minute diet or something crazy like that. For two reasons: 1) You are going to finish your final fitting around this time and you really don’t want much to change so your dress fits you perfectly and 2) It is a stressful enough time without adding random dizzy spells into the mix.
Here are a few things to check off your list:
- Final Dress Fitting (bring your shoes!!!)
- Purchase Wedding Gown Accessories: Veil, Crown, Shoes, Cape, Necklace. In the words of T.I. “You can have whatever you like”
- Are you having a garter toss? Make sure you get a garter!
- Get Your Engagement ring clean & shiny (it is a good idea not to touch it until the wedding day after you get it cleaned so it is looking it’s best – your photographer will likely want to take photos).
- Purchase Your Wedding Bands
Pack Your Bags
Once you get to the 60 day prior mark, it really is time to pack your bags. You can never pack too early (or maybe that is just the Type A in me…). Because I am writing this for “everyone” and I don’t know what you have – here are a few categories to check off:
- Gifts (favours, welcome bags, bridal party gifts, parent gifts, bride/groom gifts, etc)
- Ceremony Decor you are bringing (are you bringing your own champagne flutes? Chair sashes?)
- Reception Decor (seating cards/chart, cake table decor/knife/topper, centrepieces if you are bringing them from home, linens)
- Outfit Essentials (Wedding Dress, Groom Outfit, Shoes, Veil, Accessories)
- Stationary (bring a copy of your save the date/invitation so your photographer can include them in photos)
Ultimately, the day is about marrying your significant other so no matter what happens, it will be wonderful. Take time to enjoy the last moments of wedding planning and prepare for the future !
I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to contact me anytime ❤️ Would you like to work with me? Head to my about page to learn more about me. Or, take a peek at my services menu. Want to dive into conversation? Fill out the form below telling me what you are looking for and I will contact you. PS: none of the fields are required by the way, but the more specific you are, the more helpful I can be right out of the gate.